- The boys turned 9 months old last Friday. They have now been alive outside of my body longer than they were ever inside my body. Crazy! They are crawling everywhere and pulling up to stand, and AJ is trying to climb on everything: Daddy, the dog, the furniture. He has become quite a daredevil! MJ has always been very physical, but we've been surprised at these recent developments with AJ.
- MJ says Mama pretty often now and usually seems to be directing it at me. It's very sweet. (I try to get AJ to say it, too, but he just smiles and laughs.)
- It's funny how, not long after posting about feeling stressed, I read some similar posts by other new-mom bloggers. It seems I am not alone in feeling overwhelmed by new parenthood.
- After feeling so good about our progress with MJ on the Ferber method, we've had both babies awake before 5 a.m. the past two nights in a row. Not good. Mama needs her sleep!
- The weather here is FINALLY cool enough to take the boys places during the day! We went for a long walk last Saturday morning with my friend J and her baby girl and are planning to do it again this coming Sunday. We are meeting another twin mom (who I have yet to meet in real life) at the zoo a week from Saturday. We are having our outdoor family photo shoot the same day. I love fall in Arizona!
- I am so glad the last presidential debate is over, and I am counting the days until the election. I don't care to talk politics on this blog, and my own affiliation really doesn't matter. Either way, I am tired of MM's obsession with CNN and all my friends' posts on Fa.ceb.ook about their respective candidates.
- How did I miss that Justin Timberlake got married? I think I vaguely remember hearing that he and Jessica Biel were back together, but not sure I knew they were engaged and definitely didn't know they are now married. Hmm.
- I am actually managing to read a little at bedtime each night! This development is huge for me, as reading has long been one of my greatest pleasures, and it's something I've done very little since getting pregnant and having my sons.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
No time for a real post, although I have a few percolating in my head, particularly after my session with NC this past weekend. Soon, I hope. . . .