For this award, here’s what to do:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that readers may not know.
3. Pay it forward by nominating 10 bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
Thank you to blogger R of One Egg Please for giving me this blog award.
7 things you may not know about me:
1. I'm musically talented. The first instrument I learned to play, when I was 6, was the accordion. I played the clarinet for over 7 years and even made the all-state band. I have also played the guitar, the oboe, the alto saxophone, the xylophone, and most recently, the piano. I also sang in the church choir throughout my childhood, have sung at special events for friends, and have been known to karaoke on occasion--cold sober!
2. I send close friends and family members a card on their birthdays every year, without fail. I love to send cards! I also send cards for children's birthdays and for anniversaries if I attended the couple's wedding. Not surprisingly, I have been a platinum level member of Hallmark's Gold Crown Program every year since 1996.
3. My father is Irish. He was born and raised in Ireland and did not come to the U.S. until he was 20 years old. All my paternal relatives still live in Ireland, except one cousin who is currently living in the Netherlands (but grew up in Ireland).
4. I have celebrated my birthday in Las Vegas three times: my 26th, 30th, and 39th.
5. When I was in high school, I gave serious contemplation to entering a convent and becoming a nun. I prayed that God should send me a sign if it was His will for me to do this; shortly thereafter, college brochures started arriving in the mail. I took this as a sign that God wanted me to go to college and not to the convent, but who knows?
6. My father thought I would be a boy. My room and all my clothes were blue. Dad asked the doctor who delivered me when he'd scheduled my circumcision. True story.
7. I rarely lie. . . . not just because I am an honest person, but because I am not a good liar at all. Funny for a lawyer, huh? ;-)
I nominate the following bloggers:
1. Jo of MoJo Working
2. Gurlee of Infertility Musings
3. Melissa G of Banking on It
4. Francie of Yet Another Infertility Blog
5. Jay of Stuck in a Baby Drought6. sparkly things distract me
7. Kim of The ART of Baby Making