- I did resign from my current job on September 16, and my last day with the firm will be October 29. (I told them I intended to give a minimum of 30 days notice but was willing to stay through the end of October if needed; I guess they took me at my word.)
- I will start my new job on November 1. I didn't see any need for a break in between, as MM cannot take any time off work at present, and I wouldn't want to spend the money a trip would cost. Plus, by not having a break between jobs, I can bank the income from the two weeks' vacation I have from my current job and put it toward our fertility treatment.
- I went to the office of my new firm yesterday, where I was permitted to pick my office from several which were available. I'm happy with the office I picked: it has north-facing windows, which means the sun won't heat my office in either the morning or the afternoon, and it has a great view of two well-known area mountain peaks since it is on the 17th floor. Also, it is right next door to the managing partner's office, which I think is good.
- Counseling is going pretty well. My second appointment was Sunday, and I cried quite a bit, though not nearly as much as the first appointment. My assignment from this session has been to do kind, indulgent things for myself (I told the counselor that, having lived a mostly-selfish lifestyle for my entire adulthood, this wouldn't be too hard) and to post positive affirmations where I can see them regularly. She feels I am holding on to a lot of guilt and self-blame which are unnecessary, unwarranted and unhealthy.
- I realized today that, if we do a DE IVF cycle next June or July, as currently planned, and if it is successful, I will be entering my second trimester a year from now! It's really weird to--once again--entertain the notion of actually someday being pregnant.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Writing these daily posts for my 30 Days of Truth Challenge has meant not writing as much about the things that are happening in my life and the thoughts in my mind. So I thought I'd quickly post about those things.