- How much time would a 2-year-old have to spend in bounce houses before bounce houses would get old? Just wondering after our sons spent over six hours in the aggregate in various bounce houses at three separate parties this weekend and still wanted more.
- According to MJ, I am not allowed to have friends because I am HIS mommy. (He is also not keen on the idea that I am AJ's mommy, too.)
- I like candy and cookies as much as the next person, but I cannot recall ever crying because someone told me I couldn't have more of them, as AJ did this weekend.
- The past three weekends, MJ has refused to take a nap for us. He still naps at day care five days a week. It really sucks because (1) he is tired and needs the rest, and (2) it means I cannot get anything done on the weekends. Ah well. . . .
Monday, October 27, 2014
Monday, October 20, 2014
Monday, October 13, 2014
Random thoughts. . .
- I should realize by now that if I think I am caught up, either around the house or at work, that just means that I am neglecting or have forgotten a number of key tasks that need to be completed.
- It's a sad commentary on our current life that MM and I literally cannot coordinate a single evening or afternoon this month to see the movie Gone Girl. . . when pre-kids, we would've seen this movie opening night, or at least opening weekend. (I read and loved the book, and MM has wanted to see it since seeing the first preview.)
- On a more positive note. . . it's so fun to see our sons growing and developing, and to see the pleasure that my in-laws derive from watching the new things they can do.
- I really need to just schedule massages at regular intervals rather than waiting until I can actually feel the tension in my upper back and neck.
- There were no tears at the pumpkin patch this year!
Monday, October 6, 2014
Completely random thoughts on a Monday. . .
- I got to see my father for a few hours this weekend. It was good to see him, although one of the hard parts of getting older is watching my parents getting old. . . .
- I knew when I looked ahead at the calendar for October last month that this would be a busy month for us, and every time I turn around it seems that something else gets added to our schedule. (This past weekend was a good example: it was supposed to be our slow-ish weekend, and we ended up adding a trip to Tucson to see my dad on three days' notice, and then I went to a client dinner last night after my sons' swim lesson on only a few hours' notice.) It's nice to be social and do things, but it also gets tiring.
- Your thoughts on this scenario: couple divorces, and one of the stated reasons (according to husband) is that he wanted children and (ex-)wife did not. Fast forward two years: ex-wife is now married to someone else and happily pregnant. I know the husband well enough to know that he wasn't lying when he gave me (and other friends) this reason for the break-up of their marriage, so did the ex-wife lie to him? Did she change her mind about wanting children? Or did she just not want to have children with *him*? Hmmm. . . . (BTW, ex-husband is now happily engaged to someone new, so I'm not sure he cares; I'm just curious.)
- Despite my busy-ness this weekend, I was able to spend two short periods during the boys' Saturday nap time doing some cleaning and decluttering in our house (including an area of our bedroom that hadn't really been touched in MONTHS, sadly), and I am always pleasantly surprised at how imposing some order where there was chaos gives me a feeling of comfort and peace.
- I discovered a delicious new coffee creamer this weekend: (http://smile.amazon.com/Coffee-mate-Abuelita-Mexican-Chocolate-Creamer/dp/B00O2EPGD6/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1412612683&sr=1-1&keywords=coffee+mate+mexican+chocolate). Yum!