I thought I would share some good news here. . .
- I have gone from being overwhelmingly busy at work to having just a few loose ends to tie up. Apparently things really slow down at this firm over the holidays. Nice!
- At our holiday party on Wednesday, my boss told us all that he hopes that we will take some time off over the holidays these next two weeks. I took that to mean that, in addition to the four days that the office will be closed, it is probably OK not to be at the office the usual 8-9 hours a day on the other days, too. Yea!
- I received a wholly unexpected year-end bonus, as well as a salary increase starting next month! Obviously I never received a bonus at my most recent job in government, and during the almost-three years at my previous firm, I never once received a bonus or a raise because both were primarily based on hours billed. The extra money is nice, but the better part is feeling appreciated for being a valued member of a team. . . a feeling I haven't felt at work in a very long time.
- Through some online shopping, I managed to get gifts off to my out-of-state relatives earlier this week. They will arrive in time for the holiday--whew!
- I also managed to (finally!) get my holiday cards in the mail. I usually aim to get them sent out the Saturday after Than.ksgiv.ing, so I am really late this year for me.
- My mom is now in town, and I will be seeing her tomorrow for the first time since April.
- My dad called last night to let me know that things have improved for him health-wise to the point where he *is* going to be permitted to travel here for Ch.ris.tmas. I am looking forward to seeing him, and I think he will really enjoy being with the boys for the holiday.
- We have actually been having "sweater weather" here this week--daytime highs in the low 60s, the coldest weather we get during the year--which has helped to make things feel a little more festive.
- I have a plan in place to knock out the remainder of my Ch.ris.tmas shopping tomorrow. Hallelujah!
Have a great weekend!