[TODAY'S POST IS NOT INFERTILITY-RELATED, JUST A QUICK UPDATE ON ME]
- Things seem to be improving on the job search front. I have had two interviews in the past week and have two more coming up in the next two weeks. All are for jobs that I believe would be an improvement over my current position. I'd appreciate any positive vibes, prayers and kind thoughts you can send my way.
- I've mentioned here before that billable hours are the bane of my existence. One of several things I dislike about my current job. It seems that over half of the associate attorneys in my office are below target on their billable requirement at the halfway point for the year. We found this out at a meeting Monday when we were all lectured about the need to work more and bill more hours so that the firm can make more money. Good times. Just one more reason I need to get a new job.
- I thought my headaches were improving--they had gone from every day to only every other day or sometimes every third day and were generally less severe--but then I woke up today with a really bad migraine. Fortunately I have now seen a neurologist and have new medications to try to stop this cycle. Here's hoping they work.
- As I put more effort and energy into my job search, I am feeling even more overwhelmed and stretched even thinner because filling out applications, going to interviews, filling out background checks, getting fingerprinted, etc., takes up a lot of time. Time that I really don't have. But I am telling myself that I just have to push through, that this is temporary and that this effort is going to pay off when I land a new position.
- MM is doing what he can to be supportive. He is not the greatest with the emotional support--thankfully, I have friends and a sister for that--but he is taking on more than his share of the boys' care and doing even more than usual around the house. He wants me to get a new job almost as much as I want to.
- I can hardly believe it's already August 1!
- Blessedly, the boys are doing great. Their growth and development is amazing, and I feel lucky to have two such happy little guys in my life.