For a quick update, I'm going to use bullet points. Each of the topics here deserves its own full post. . . . maybe some day soon.
- MM and I attended the adoption seminar and, to greatly abbreviate, now that we've learned more, we have decided adoption is not for us, but for completely different reasons than he had before.
- In light of our decision that adoption is not for us, and our desire not to remain childless, we have agreed to go ahead with DE IVF. (I have been leaning this way for a while, but we have now agreed.) Plans are being made for a cycle sometime between May and August 2011.
- I had my fourth counseling session last Sunday, and NC and I mutually agreed that I am not in need of more sessions at present. My stated goal in starting therapy was for me to accept that I would not have a genetic child of my own so that I could move forward with DE IVF. Though I'm sure I will still have moments of sadness, I feel I have accomplished this goal. I'm glad I did this; even though I only had a few sessions, I think it really helped me.
- Three of my wonderful regular readers (whose blogs I read as well) are pregnant! One after her first IVF cycle, one after a DE FET, and one after a donor embryo cycle. I'm very excited for them!
- Two other bloggers I read are in the 2WW, one for her first DE cycle, one for a DE FET. I'm rooting for you!
- A close friend of mine (who is not infertile) told me last Saturday that she is pregnant with #2. (Her 21-month-old son is my godson.) I felt a twinge of "why not me?", but for the first time in a LONG time, my happiness for her completely outweighed my negative feelings. And she's fertile! I think that's progress.
- I am getting adjusted to my new job and slowly learning where everything is and getting cases assigned to me. No problems so far.
EDITED TO ADD: Though we have agreed to go ahead with DE, for some reason, MM still thinks we could somehow miraculously conceive on our own. It's led to some disagreements, as I am THROUGH with OPKs, checking cervical mucus/position, or even keeping track of what CD I am on. Yes, I know the RE said there is a 5% chance of our conceiving on our own and that 5% is not zero. . . . . but logic tells me that after 33 or 34 unsuccessful cycles, all of which had perfectly timed intercourse, it ain't gonna happen.